In a new ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 environment the Reporting Services point was proving a bit challenging to install. After setting all of the required permission it was finally happy.
On the SQL Server Reporting Services server, an account (in this case a domain user “functional” or “service” account) needed the following:
- Membership in the server’s local Administrators group
- SSRS Site Settings -> System Administrator, System User
- SSRS Folder Settings on the root folder -> Browser, Content Manager, My Reports, Publisher, Report Builder
This ConfigMgr environment has a complex configuration with 3 different SQL servers in play.
- Server1: ConfigMgr Primary Site server
- Server2: server running SQL Server Database Engine role and configured as the ConfigMgr Site Database server
- Server3: server running SQL Server Reporting Services role
- Server4: server running SQL Server Database Engine role with only the ReportServer database
With Server1 (ConfigMgr) and Server2 (SQL DB) configured and most functionality working (software deployment, software update deployment, OS deployment, inventory, etc.) it was time to install Reporting Services point. We created a new ConfigMgr Site Server for Server3 using a domain user account. However, when attempting to install the Reporting Services point the following error was encountered:
- Unable to locate any configured SRS instances on the server. Verify SRS is installed, accessible, and correctly configured.
- The “Reporting Services server instance” is blank.