This is a FAST-PUBLISH article and is incomplete.
A few quick notes on installing the ConfigMgr 2012 Admin Console.
The console is a 32-bit (x86) application and it will run on many operating systems
- Install .NET Framework 4.0
- Install the console
- Install any hotfixes you have applied to the server such as a Cumulative Update
For in-console reporting
- Install .NET Framework 4.0 Extended (not the Client Profile). This should have already been installed as a dependency to the Admin Console.
- Install SQL 2012 CLR Types which is part of the SQL Server Feature Pack. There is a Windows Installer package for 64 and 32 bit Windows
- Then install Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1.
Command Line Parameters
- ConsoleSetup.exe /q TargetDir=”%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole” EnableSQM=1 DefaultSiteServerName=SCCMPrimarySiteServer.Contoso.com
- ConsoleSetup.exe /uninstall /q
- ReportViewer.exe /q:a /c:”install.exe /q /l %temp%\ReportViewer2010SP1.log” [credit]