Yesterday I upgraded my ConfigMgr 2012 R2 lab to SP1 and encountered a small bit of trouble. During the SP installation the Admin Console failed to uninstall; during installation the MSI performed an unexpected reboot.
- The primary site server had recently been upgraded to CU5 for ConfigMgr 2012 R2 but had several reboots since.
- As far as I can remember the Admin Console was not running when the service pack installation began, nor any time during the installation.
- The Admin Console failed to uninstall during the service pack installation.
- After the service pack installation, a manual reboot was performed.
- The Admin Console was reinstalled via command line. The MSI return code of 1641 was generated and MSI automatically rebooted the server.
Below are some details captured from the installation logs.continue reading on CatapultSystems.com